Saturday 18 August 2012

What can we do now the Olympics is over

Two weeks of fantastic entertainment from the Magnificent Opening Ceremony to the Musical Closing Ceremony  Dave and I were mesmerized by the hole  experience.
This 12x12 is a tribute to our two local girls , Beth Tweedle who got a Bronze medel in the Gymnastic High Bars and Shanaze Reade who got to the Final of the BMX Bike Race.

Beth


Shanaze
No Gold Post Box for Crewe but they both did us proud.

This LO was done for when the Olympic torch came to Crewe on May 31st.
The backing paper is Portobello Road by Papermania.
I made a flower in the same paper and added some bunting and a date stamp by Maya Road.
http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/handmade-monday-80.html
With two weeks in front of the T/V the garden had taken a back seat so Dave has taken three days off work and we have got stuck in and it is starting to look more like our garden again.We have also given the Summer House ( CAT House) a new look. I think the cats approve.

























I have finished off the week with yet another mirror. 
I used a sheet of BoBunny " Little Miss " paper to which I added lots of stickles glitter.
I cut out lots of Butterflies from a sheet of Kaisercraft "Sweet Nothings "paper and added a large pink flower that I think was Petaloo adding lots of stickles to that as well.

http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/handmade-monday-80.html

11 comments:

  1. Lovely garden shed - looks like the perfect hiding place! I would not worry about the gardening - just sneek in with cuppa and good book and the pretense you are gardening...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to have two Olympic people in your neighbourhood - like the 12 x 12 tribute, really nice. the cats certainly look good in the summerhouse - our two love the conservatory. Daisy likes being in it even when it is hot! Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Olympic tribute is lovely, what a nice idea. Love that pic of your cats enjoying the summerhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice way to pay tribute to the winners. Your summer house has certainly got the cats approval. Weeds grow as quick as a blink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the summerhouse, I could certainly while away many an hour in there. The mirror has a lovely calming colour scheme. I especially like the sparkly flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous of your summer house! Im sure my kitties would love that too. Love the mirror :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an absolutely beautiful summerhouse! It's really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's nice to find out you have some olympic stars where you live. Apparently there's a gold post box in Leek, not far from me. Never even knew we had someone entered!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely tribute to your local Olympians. I am pretty sure the cats approve of the updated summer house!! Your mirror is perfect too, I particularly like the cute little dog at the bottom :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Olympic layout-it's beautiful paper.I'm so jealous of the cats' summer house.They're so lucky having such a gorgeous place to sit!Love the mirror,especially the butterflies and the image at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Olympic page is a stunner (altho now i have that song Portobello Road from the Disney movie going thru my head!). Love the cat house, how sweet is that, I would love to have something like that in my garden. Well, and a garden!
    Everything looks great, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Thanks to all who have commented
Keep Scraping . Chris P